PT Adani Global is a step down subsidiary of Adani Enterprises Limited, established to venture in to Coal Mining, Logistics & Trading Operation in Indonesia to support the growing coal requirement in India.
PT Adani Global in line with its long term objectives acquired Exploitation License in the year 2007, issued by Bupati, Bulungan Regency, Govt. of Indonesia in the name of its step down subsidiaries PT Lamindo Inter Multikon (LIM) and PT Mitra Niaga Mulia (MNM) for coal mining at Bunyu, North Kalimantan.
Project Details & Milestone
Peak Production Capacity
- Listed in HBA, Indonesia as LIM 3010 & LIM 3000
- Adani's first foray in Coal Mining and operations that too as a venture outside India
- Largest exporter of 3000 Kcal Coal in the world
- Mine with a total coal resource of 269 MMT
- Bunyu's total coal production has increased by 58% from 3.12 MMT in 2013-14 to 4.92 MMT in 2014-15
- Bunyu's total composite production has increased by 70% from 9.7 MBCM in 2013-14 to 16.0 MBCM in 2014-15
- Largest employer on Bunyu Island with a workforce of over 1500 persons (Onroll + Contractual) in 2014-15
- Operating mine with the lowest operating cost (As per Wood Mackenzie Report 2015) in Indonesia
The mining method adopted is multi seam, shallow dip, open cut mining. The company is using mechanised mining methods for coal production with 45-50 T class excavators, 25-30 T class dumpers, 160 - 190 HP class of dozers, etc. The company has also constructed a coal terminal to service its mining operation. The run of mine coal is crushed to produce a thermal coal product for export and domestic markets.
Manpower and employment generation
Lamindo has more than 90% of the workforce from Bunyu. With a total population of over 10,000 in Bunyu, Lamindo is contributing significantly towards Bunyu’s economy. LIM employs more than 20 contractors in various functions. LIM offers employment to more than 1500 persons (onroll and contractors)
Barging & Shipment
Cape Vessels normally arrive about 8 to 10 Nautical miles from the Jetty. Hired barges move coal from the jetty to the mother vessels.
Coal is transhipped into mother vessels by departmental floating crane “Surya Pratama Karya (SPK) ” which is equipped with a Material Handling System (inhouse design & construction). SPK has transhipped more than 10 MMT of Coal till date.