Adani, Government of Rajasthan to set up India’s largest solar park of 10,000 MW
Signs MoU to jointly set up Solar parks including Solar Power Projects and manufacturing unit for Solar module, parts and equipment in Rajasthan
- Adani Enterprises & Rajasthan Renewable Energy Corp Ltd sign MoU
- Adani Enterprises and Rajasthan Govt to form JV for setting up solar park facility in Rajasthan
- The proposed JV to set up 10,000 MW of Solar Park in Rajasthan, the largest in India
- Solar park to generate clean energy of approx. 16,644 MUs and reduce carbon footprint by approx. 16.2 MT
- The proposed park will create huge direct & indirect employment opportunity
Ahmedabad/Jaipur, February 09, 2015: Adani Enterprises Ltd (AEL), the flagship company of Adani Group, India’s leading integrated infrastructure player and Government of Rajasthan have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to jointly set up India’s largest solar park of 10,000 MW in Rajasthan.
AEL and Rajasthan Renewable Energy Corporation Ltd will form a joint venture to set up the solar park, which will include generation projects and a manufacturing unit for solar module, parts and equipment.
“India has embarked upon an ambitious program of becoming a world leader in renewable power generation, with a special focus on solar. The development of Solar Park facility is our contribution towards realization of our Honorable Prime Minister’s campaign and commitment towards clean and green energy in India.” said Mr Gautam Adani, Chairman, Adani Group.
The solar park will produce clean & green energy of approx. 16644 million units, furthering India’s goals for clean, renewable energy independence.
The Indian government has announced to set up 100,000 MW of solar capacity by 2022. They have also issued guidelines for setting at least 25 solar parks each with a capacity of 500 MW and above across India.
Last month, AEL signed an MoU with US-based SunEdison Inc to jointly invest $4 billion in setting up India’s largest integrated solar photovoltaic making plant in Mundra, Gujarat.